Fixing the Kindle Fire WiFi Authentication Problem – Solutions

Kindle Fire WiFi Authentication Problem

Are you trying to solve the Kindle Fire WiFi authentication problem? Your Kindle Fire won’t connect to WiFi and you keep getting “authentication failure”? This post will help you solve the Kindle Fire WIFI authentication issues.

• Wi-Fi problems with the Kindle Fire can sometimes be solved by simply going to your Fire settings, turning airplane mode on, then off – the device may then re-connect automatically.
  • More involved but almost a sure solution: Restart the router – unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in and it will reboot. Restart the Fire – press and hold the power button for a minute. Wait 30 seconds. Now press the power button again. Tap on wireless, tap on your network and click ‘forget’, enter password – FOR THE ROUTER – you will find this passcode on the bottom of the router. It is the SSID code, likely to be a mixture of characters.
  • The Kindle Fire WiFi authentication problem may be caused by using the password not the authentication key. Putting in the Wireless Key digits that are on the bottom of your router instead of your password can solve the issue.
  • Check in the network list, if there is a padlock icon next to your network. If so, you have to enter the WEP Security key or the WPA Pass key – a series of digits, to open the Wi-Fi. Ensure you use the correct UPPER and lower case.
  • “Authentication failed” may be caused by too many routers using the same channel – the channel may be swamped by those other routers on the same channel. Or by too many devices on the same channel – the router may automatically switch to a less congested channel. After switching channels a couple of times and finding a stable one the problem should be solved. If it’s on auto, try changing the router portdl from auto to channel 6 to 11.
  • One other resolution to the authentication problem – go into your account setting and unregistered, then reset to factory settings. Once completed set up you wifi again – this usually works when all else fails.
  • Kindle Fire Wi-Fi issues can sometimes be solved by changing the wifi configuration from b/g/n to only g.
  • If all else fails have Amazon customer services call you – they can walk you through and get things sorted. Google ‘Amazon Kindle helpline’ and you will eventually find a box saying ‘Contact us’ on Amazon site. Click on this, ask for help via the phone. Put in your number and they will ring you up shortly.

If everything used to work fine and stopped working all of a sudden, there can be many reasons for this. For example, an auto update could have been sent to your router or the Kindle Fire. Or, too many devices or routers on the same channel.

Having a problem with the Kindle Fire WiFi authentication can be very frustrating. The good thing is that the “authentication failed” error can be fixed if you try the solutions from our list.

If your Kindle Fire is still failing to authenticate and you continue to struggle with the Kindle Fire WiFi authentication problem, your best bet is to contact Amazon customer service. They will methodically go through possible culprits and help you fix any wireless problems with the Kindle Fire HD, HDX etc.

Comments

• Carol on

Thank you this helped me so much !

• Darnell Cockram on

Nothing worked I need help

• P Reed on

Changed the password to my WiFi security key ,on my phone . it came right up.

• P Reed on

Sorry. I changed the Password to my Mobile Hot Spot. It allowed me access after that. Working great. Easy

• Gary on

Thank you. The second solution worked on my new Fire HD 8 tablet (7th gen.) Rebooted both router and tablet, then pressed on my network and selected forget. I then tapped it again and entered in password box the – Key/Passphrase: for CenturyLink router found on the sticker, and pressed enter. It immediately showed connected instead of “saved”. I was online and up and running. I had struggled with no success and was frustrated for several hours until I came across your help on Google search.
      Thanks – Gary. 😉

• Darnell Cockram on

I keep getting authenication failed on my Kindle Fire Wi Fi Just happened today.
    Tried several things still not working.

Darnell Cockram

• Carissa on

Same thing, happened to me…well kind of. I was just messing around, when I tapped “forget” it. Now it’s saying authentication problem. 🙁

• Tom Grams on

All of a sudden my Kindle Fire no longer allows me to conect to wifi. I get the following message. Sorry – “The application QuickSettings (process com.lab 126.otter) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.” I have tried to connect many times to no available. I am at a new location but I have strong wifi reception on my other devices. It won’t even allow me to see the available wifi signals. Help!

Tom Grams

• monica on

Just bought Amazon fire today so frustrated ! Will be returning! Bottom line NOTHING brand new should take this kind of effort! You shouldn’t have to troubleshoot a tablet right out of the box! F THAT!

• Colin on

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions that enabled me to connect again with my WI-FI

• Alora on

Thank you so much! Your suggestions worked and I could finally connect.

• Jan on

Thank you this fixed my problem. I couldn’t understand why one tablet worked just fine and the other wouldn’t. I still don’t but both working fine now.

• Patty LaRoche on

It worked! I turned my FIRE off for a minute, etc. Re-entering the password got it up and running again. Thank you.

• Steve Fogg on

Another option is simply to turn wifi off on another device you’re not going to be using,like your phone for example,works a treat.

• Erin McNichols on

Thank you, that worked right away. I put the letters and numbers that are on the bottom of the WiFi box in and it connected. Perfect.

• R on

It worked! Thank you.

• R on

It worked! Thank you.

• John Royse on

Nothing works including deregistering. Second Galaxy HD8 with this problem.

• Scritch on

Changing my router’s wifi setting to 802.11 g (instead of 802.11 b/g/n) is what solved it for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Henry C. sablone on

Henry C Sablone

October 11, 2017

Thanks so much, this device is my wife who tried to fix this problem and spent many hours

got no where. I no nothing about the KindleFire and searched “kindlefire will not

authenticate ” fallowed your instructions and like magic the device was back and working.

We are both Thank full that you tock the time to write this and help others that may have

this issue,

• Kitcars on

Such a relief to resolve the issue. Thank you so much.

• Rose on

Thank you, got my wifi back on amazon fire, went into wifi settings, pressed ‘forget’ then pressed appropriate network, put wireless password in, now I’m connected!!